First ill go over my last few weeks of the challenge. So I really blew it with posting about each week of the Skinny Snowman challenge. I rocked out week 3, and then week 4 I was plagued with some awful sickness. I barely got 200 PTs for the week, and kicked it up to full gear for week 5. Who knows where I ranked but I am number one in my book! I was down 5.5 for the 5 weeks the last time I checked, so all in all it was an amazing experience.
Today is New Years Eve and I am stuck working. Only until 2, I hope. So while I wait for the boys to wake up (all three were awake at 5 this morning…UGH) I will start my year in review.
This time last year I weighed in at 233 lbs. I’m now weighing in at 187! How amazing is it that in 12 short months I managed to take off 46 lbs? And before that another 20?
This year I learned to run. Sure I knew HOW to run but never did. Around March I started noticing myself plateauing and knew I needed to up my workout routine from walking to running. I stepped it up, and although it took me from March to August to see any real results, due to my lack of eating right, it was worth it. Now I’m training for a half marathon for March of 2013!
In July my best friend in the whole entire world asked me to spend the rest of our lives together, officially. That tops everything else that happened this year!
I graduated from Del Tech with an associates in Criminal Justice. This was especially awesome to me because for a short while there I really didn’t think I was gonna see the finish line. Not because I wasn’t doing well or because I didn’t want it. Just because with living on my own, working full time and dealing with life’s daily stress and anxiety I was sure I would fail. But instead I pulled off a decent GPA and went on to Widener University. And in my first semester there this year I pulled out 3 As and a B! Pretty spectacular for a girl who took a year off of college after High School to move to NC for no good reason!
2012 has probably been the best year of my life to date. It’s been filled with so many amazing things worth celebrating and I’ve never been this happy.
It is now noon, and I started this post around 7…ugh boys!
Anyways, as I was saying…I’ve never been this happy. It’s so strange to feel this way. It’s exciting and wonderful and SO NICE. But it also comes with a sense of fear that this happiness won’t get to last long. What is going to happen in the future that will absolutely break my heart? That question runs through my head like a hamster on a wheel. I’m constantly on the edge of my seat for the phone call that’s going to make my world come crashing down. I hope to whatever higher powers are out there and beyond that this awful fear doesn’t come true in 2013, or 2014, or ever. But I know that’s not realistic.
Joey always gets so frustrated when I start to talk about these what ifs. But I can’t help it! It’s like I feel in some way that if I am constantly aware of the possibility and how terrible I imagine its going to be, that it’ll somehow prepare me. I also know that is a silly thought to have. Am I the only one who thinks this way and doesn’t have children?
Aside from the morbidity I have bought this blog down to I’ve also thought of a few resolutions for this great year of 2013!
1. Stop peeing/pooping with the door open. Yup, I’m that girl. Joey HATES it and I really really really understand, but I do it anyway. It’s just easier? Lol. I’ve been consciously trying to make an effort lately and I hope for success in the new year with this endeavor, for our marriage haha.
2. I want to lose 20 more lbs. that’s it! That sounds so unbelievable to me. This year I lost 46! I can’t imagine only having to lose half of that. Should be a piece of cake. Key phrase: should be.
3. Run a half marathon. I have a plan to do one in mid march in DC with Brittany.
4. Become more creative with eye makeup. I LOVE doing my makeup but I am completely ignorant of how to apple eye shadow. I own three shades…some kind of beige color called birthday suit, another sort of beige whose name I do not know, and a black. Yup. I think I probably have a pink somewhere around here. I have all the brushes (as of this weekend) so I hope to venture out and get some more colors and get fancy with my eyes!
5. I want to take the dogs to the park more often. I used to take Bobbie to the park or on a walk almost daily. As I’ve gotten much busier obviously that has slacked off a bit. However, my poor baby wants to exercise and I can see it in her sad baby face whenever I leave. The little dogs love the park too but they get worn out pretty quickly. Bob used to be my main run buddy and I want to start taking her again.
6. And lastly, I want to find my career job! I hope by the end of this year I find something in the legal field. That would be amazing!
I hope you all have a fantastic night. Be safe!
What are your resolutions?